The A2J Author team regularly presents to the legal aid, court, and law school worlds about A2J Author and how it can be integrated into their existing systems to improve access to justice. Below are recordings and slide decks from these presentations.
- Effective Lawyering Using Technology: Online Approaches to Legal Forms
- May 19, 2011: ABA Equal Justice Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- This presentation discussed online forms and how they are transforming the practice of public interest law and legal education. It also explored how self help centers are using forms to provide greater access to people without attorneys and looked at various models of how the self help centers integrate online forms in their day to day practice.
- Presenters: Dina Nikitaides, Center for Access to Justice and Technology at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law; Susan Ledray, Minnesota 4th Judicial Court; Allison McDermott, ProBono Net; and Monica Mitchell, Self Help Services, Superior Court of San Bernadino County.
- Perspectives on A2J Author, Online Intake and Case Management
- November 12, 2010: NLADA Conference, Atlanta, GA
- This presentation introduced the different uses for the A2J Author data gathering software, discussed how and why programs should implement online intake, and demonstrated all the wild possibilities of connecting triage, intake, and document assembly with A2J Author.
- Presenters: Ronald Staudt and Dina Nikitaides, Center for Access to Justice and Technology at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law; and John Mayer, CALI
- Not Just a Pretty Interface: A2J Author Delivers Solutions for Challenging Times!
- November 21, 2009: NLADA Conference, Denver, CO
- This presentation demonstrated the A2J Author software, including its just-in-time learning capabilities, and discussed benefits and ease of use for pro se litigants. The presentation explored the additional uses for A2J Author beyond document assembly, including website guides, e-filing, and online intake. The presenters also spoke about how these uses could connect legal aid organizations, courts, statewide websites, and end users as a portal for justice.
- Presenters: Ronald Staudt, Center for Access to Justice and Technology at Chicago-Kent; Rachel Medina, LSNTAP; and Cynthia Vaughn, Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation.
- Not Just A Pretty Interface
- May 14, 2009: ABA Equal Justice Conference
- This presentation discussed the features behind A2J Author that have made it a success.
- Presenters: John Mayer, CALI; Ronald Staudt, Center for Access to Justice & Technology at IIT Chicago-Kent; Rachel Medina, LSNTAP; and Eve Ricaurte, Iowa Legal Aid.
- Document Assembly - How to Get Started
- January 22, 2009: TIG Conference, Austin, TX
- Presenters: Rachel Medina, Center for Access to Justice & Technology at Chicago-Kent; and Kate Bladow and Claudia Johnson, Pro Bono Net.
- Innovations in Intake
- November 21, 2008: NLADA Conference, Washington, DC.
- This presentation explored the mechanics of online intake using A2J Guided Interviews and described the Ohio A2J Author Online Intake Project.
- Presenters: Ronald Staudt and Rachel Medina, Center for Access to Justice & Technology at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law; John Mayer, CALI; and Cynthia Vaughn, Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation.